Written By Hannah Swanson
If you’re anything like me, which I’m assuming you are since you’re here, you’re always happy to learn about new superfoods and ways to raise your overall vibration naturally. Right?! And the BEST part about this specific blog post and discovery is that it’s such an easy way to quickly enhance your life and wellness without spending a ton of money or exerting a lot of effort. That’s where the Baobab Superfruit comes in!
The Baobab Superfruit is called a Superfruit primarily due to it’s insane amount of essential vitamins and minerals, but hold on tight because the amount of other benefits you can receive from this fruit is shocking! If you have never heard of this fruit before it’s native to Africa, Australia, Arabia, and Madagascar. It’s often called “The Upside Down Tree” or “The Tree of Life” and is so intelligent, like all superfood plants, when it comes to how it grows and provides. The pod that the fruit comes in slightly resembles that of a coconut and dries naturally in the sun which gets rid of all moisture inside of the shell where a natural, white powder is formed (pulp). This is great because to get the powder, all you have to do is strip away the other contents of the fruit and keep the powder in a safe, dry space and it’s ready to be consumed! No need for processing or added preservitives. And another HUGE benefit? It’s been known to taste sweet and citrus-like! To consume, you can simply put the powder in a water bottle and shake it to dissolve it or you can pair it with other high-iron superfoods such as dates and sea moss, but we’ll talk more about this optimal option a bit later.
Now, let’s get into the benefits that will likely make you drop everything you’re doing to get this new must-have superfood staple in your life:
- Baobab Powder is Extremely Bioavailable: It’s more readily absorbed in the body and works synergistically with the combinations of certain vitamins and minerals. With the powder being straight from the fruit without taking away important properties, our body absorbs what it needs much better than most supplements out there. This is a wonderful attribute for anyone but even more important for those who may have absorption issues due to poor gut health and other chronic illnesses that hinder the body from absorbing nutrients properly.
- Potent Antioxidant and Helps Cell Rejuvenation: This fruit helps to protect against free radicals and is highly anti-aging due to the high level of antioxidants and collagen boosting nutrients. (Hello glowing skin!) Baobab helps the cells remain healthy and hydrated which can help with acne, fine lines/wrinkles, dullness, redness, and other skin conditions.
- High Nutrient and Mineral Content: Baobab has 10x the antioxidant levels within oranges, 6x more than powdered vitamin C, and more than twice the calcium level of milk. Moreover, it has 6x more antioxidants than cranberries, blueberries and blackberries, 6x more levels of potassium than found in a banana, 2x more antioxidants than goji berries, more iron than red meat, and more magnesium than spinach!
- Helps Diminish Chronic Pain: With Baobab’s high polyphenol content, consuming this fruit can be highly protective from chronic illness and pain. Polyphenols are reducing agents, and together with other dietary reducing agents, such as vitamin C, vitamin E and carotenoids, referred to as antioxidants, protect the body's tissues against oxidative stress and associated pathologies such as cancers, coronary heart disease and inflammation. Baobab is an anti-inflammatory as well and can even alleviate fevers, decrease healing time after illness or surgery, and decrease muscle soreness after workouts.
- High Fiber and Prebiotic Content: Baobab is around 50% fiber (both soluble and insoluble) and shows remarkable results for those struggling with their overall digestion. This super fruit is known for it’s ability to naturally help heal the gut through having prebiotic properties which promotes the increase of friendly bacteria in the gut, help with various digestive problems, and even boost your immune system. Prebiotic foods have also been shown to improve metabolic health and even help prevent certain diseases. The high fiber content also is great for balancing blood glucose levels by slowing down the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream, which is perfect for those who are diabetic.
- Increases Energy Levels: With having more iron than red meat, Baobab can raise your energy levels and vibration by improving your circulatory health. Iron is the mineral that conveys oxygen to the brain. It contains carbon, hydrogen and oxygen (the CHO chain). When you are deficient in iron, you are susceptible to a whole bunch of diseases. Iron is the spark plug of the human body and it is the only mineral on the planet that is magnetic. Being that iron is magnetic it has a tendency to pull other minerals to it. It pulls magnesium, zinc, gold, calcium, phosphorous, etc. So when you take iron you are taking all other minerals at a proportionate balance. Iron also dissolves inflammation, meaning that it can help to shrink tumors. Anemia and diabetes are not the only diseases that a lack of iron can cause. The lack of iron can cause up to 40 manifestations of disease. Without iron the body loses energy and the immune system begins to give way.
Believe it or not, these are only SOME of the many benefits of this life-changing superfruit! Want to pair it with 92 of the 102 minerals our body needs to THRIVE IN THE HIGHEST LOVE VIBRATION? Try it out with Sea Moss Gel!100% organic and high quality, it tastes incredible with the added dates, chia, baobab, and mango flavors making it easy to take a spoonful alone and or add to a smoothie. It can help you instantly feel better than you’ve ever felt: SEA MOSS GEL